Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My Little Class President

Alright... I am so stinkin' proud of my son that I had to post the news on my blog. This precious child is in Kindergarten and is more like his father than he truly knows! (for those of you who know his father you know what I mean)

Well, because we are in an election "season" and there's so much talk about the candidates... there was an opportunity to teach our kids about politics and doing our part as citizens of this great country.

So, we decided to participate in a class project that was optional. Each member of Braydon's kindergarten class was given the chance to "run for class president". We worked on our poster over the weekend and we made bracelets from pipe cleaner and beads that reflected our school colors
for each member of his class.

I'm not going to claim that our poster was the best or that the bracelets totally won over all of his classmates but I'm completely convinced that it is the extraordinary personality of my son t
hat won him this "election".

By the way... he doesn't have a shy bone in his body. He knows more people in his school from just the few months that he's been there than his older brother knows and he's been there a whole school year ahead of Braydon.

I'll finish by just stating that I couldn't be more proud of my son for taking a chance and having the opportunity to experience a positive outcome.

2 comments:

Daphine said...

What a neat project! Congrats to Braydon for his win! How fun and a great memory to put in his treasure box. He's such a cute Little Class President!

The Nester said...

What a great post! It gave me chills and you hit the nail on the head about taking a chance! But I bet with his personality he saw no risk whatsovever!