Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Open House







Around the house @ Christmas time.





This little scene is situated on one side of the mantel.



This green star is by far one of my other most favorite finds at the thrift store.. love it and just so happens to be one of my most favorite colors as well.



This is my baby girl's stocking.. last year I took advantage of an after Christmas sale that a cute boutique had and got us all matching stockings with our names monogrammed on them.




This is an angel wreath that I purchased a few years ago... love the Christmas theme.



This is a special ornament that my mother gave me.. it's called a blessings basket and you write down your blessings and put them inside and then year after year you read your blessings to remind you to be appreciative of all that you have.



I absolutely love this metal G that I found at the Christmas village.. I painted it red and used it in my Christmas wreath, but you could repaint it any color and use it in any season to decorate. I just haven't done it yet!!







7 comments:

Lianne said...

I love the idea of the Blessing Basket! Do you know where she found it?

Great blog, by the way. I'd love to know the story of your crunchy onion topping! Is it a blog post already?

april may and june said...

Thank you... I'm not sure where she got the blessing basket but I'll be sure to ask her and get back to you! I really do need to do a post on the "fire" story of Christmas '07.. that may have to happen really soon.
Thanks for your interest in my blog!!!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Your home looks great! I love your front door with the initial on it. So cute!

Jen

Jill said...

I love the large initial on your wreath! Thanks for taking us on a tour!

Merry Christmas!

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

Your home is beautiful and your green star is great! I use blue and green so it's perfect for me!
Merry Christmas!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Can you believe it??
We are neighbors in real life! I went round the world and found a neighbor through another blog.
How Funny!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I like the display with the green star, balls, and little tree.