Monday, December 15, 2008

Has it been a whole year???

Our beloved home


It's so hard to believe that it's been a full year since my grand idea to make my very own crunchy onion topping for my green bean casserole turned into a complete disaster.


This is all that remained from my iron skillet and my favorite rudolph oven mitt. The firemen put out the fire and decided to leave the charred mess on my outdoor table.. how nice of them, huh?


This time last year we were frantically moving out of our temporary hotel "home" and into a rental house wondering what Christmas would be like in a strange new place.




With such a wonderful, helpful and loving family our Christmas turned out to be an amazing time spent together... no matter whether we were at "home" or not.


As Christmas approaches I'm reminded that it's not about US anyway.. it's about focusing on Jesus and celebrating his arrival into this world. Because of His birth we who choose to believe have the incredible opportunity to accept Him as our Savior and live with Him forever one day.


Rejoice... our King is born!


Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

morethanthestarsinthesky said...

Cute! How did you finally change the background? I can't believe it's been a year either. Time flies!!!